St. Vincent Endoscopy Suite offers comprehensive outpatient endoscopy services to patients of all ages. An endoscope enables your physician to look inside your body without surgery to diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions Attentive care is the hallmark of the Endoscopy Suite. We maintain a low nurse-to-patient ratio, so you can receive the highest quality care and personal attention.
Endoscopy Procedures and Testing
Diagnostic Testing and Treatments
You’ll need a referral from your physician. Once your procedure is scheduled, your physician will provide you with important instructions to help you prepare.
Endoscopy Procedure Information
You should arrive an hour before your scheduled procedure at the Endoscopy Suite. Please bring these important items with you:
- Your photo ID
- Your insurance card
- A list of any allergies (including latex)
- A list of medications (name of the medication and the dose and date last taken)
- You'll want to dress comfortably.
- Don't wear any jewelry, including wedding rings or earrings.
- You'll need someone with you who can drive you home.
- Don't take anything by mouth (food, medication, etc) the day of your procedure unless your physician has instructed you otherwise.
- How long you’ll stay in the Endoscopy Suite depends on the type of procedure.
You can park in any of the visitor parking lots and enter through the main hospital entrance. Check in at the Patient Registration desk in the main lobby of the hospital. Once you are registered, we will guide you and your family to the Endoscopy Suite.