A stroke is an emergency! If you are experiencing symptoms of a stroke, it is important to call 911 immediately and ask to receive care at St. Vincent Primary Stroke Center.
St. Vincent Medical Center provides high quality stroke care in a compassionate environment, and we have been recognized by several national organizations for our timely, quality stroke care.
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, you can be confident you will receive the highest level of stroke care at St. Vincent.
- St. Vincent was also recognized by U.S. News and World Report as the # 3 hospital in Indiana in 2015 and the best in Southern Indiana three years in a row. In addition, Neurology was recognized as a high performing specialty.
What do all these awards mean to you? You can rest assured you will receive the highest quality stroke care at St. Vincent.
St. Vincent Rehabilitation Institute has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities since 1986. This accreditation is the highest level that can be awarded to an inpatient rehabilitation facility. As the only CARF accredited inpatient rehabilitation program in the Evansville area, St. Vincent Rehabilitation Institute achieved CARF accreditation in several areas including the treatment of patients who have experienced a stroke or traumatic brain injury.
Our experienced, specially-trained clinical staff is dedicated to help you achieve optimum recovery from your stroke. The advanced state of the art technology enables your healthcare team to develop the best care plan for you.
- Interdisciplinary Stroke Team
- Stroke Coordinator
- Dedicated 64 slice CT scanner
- A dedicated Stroke ICU Step Down Unit
- Weekly interdisciplinary case conferences
- A "Get With the Guidelines" Database with a dedicated quality analyst
- St. Vincent Rehabilitation Institute for our CARF-accredited stroke rehabilitation services
- Dedicated Neurology Hospitalist
- All RNs are trained in dysphagia screening and National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certified