Healthy Beginnings...Healthy Families
St. Vincent Hospital for Women & Children is Evansville's First Joint Commission Accredited Hospital for Perinatal Care.
At St. Vincent Hospital for Women & Children, our entire team is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care. It is this commitment and dedication to creating healthy families from the very start, that led St. Vincent Hospital for Women & Children to be Evansville’s first hospital accredited by The Joint Commission for perinatal care after a rigorous site visit by two highly-qualified Joint Commission surveyors.
Programs like St. Vincent Hospital for Women & Children that submit, track and adhere to Joint Commission core performance measures may demonstrate:
- Reduction in infant mortality rates
- Reduction in maternal complications and mortality
- Reduction of unnecessary induction of labor
- Reduction of elective deliveries that can lead to an increase in NICU admission rates
- Reduction of complication of deliveries
- Reduction of prematurity rates that can lead to infant mortality
- Reduction in costs associated with lengthy hospital stays due to pregnancy-related complications