St. Vincent At Home provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary in-home healthcare services to promote, maintain and restore health. Home health services:
- Include administering quality healthcare services within your home
- Ease the transition from hospital or other healthcare facility to home
- Help return you to maximum health
- Coordinate with St. Vincent Medical Equipment to arrange for the supplies you need
- Include counseling and coordination of community services to meet your needs
- Help maintain your level of functioning, within your capabilities, lifestyle and stage of life
- Instruct you and your caregivers in the fundamentals of health, hygiene and safety
Home Safety Evaluations
As part of maintaining your health and safety, St. Vincent At Home offers Home Safety Evaluations. With this service, a Registered Nurse or Occupational or Physical Therapist will evaluate your home environment for safety risks and provide feedback on how you can reduce these risks. Safety evaluation services can be arranged seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Call St. Vincent At Home to make an appointment. An answering service will take your call outside of business hours.
Our home health professionals work with you and your physician to provide the medical attention you need in the comfort of your own home. Our team includes:
Nursing services are provided by Registered Nurses (RN's) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN's).
Examples of skilled nursing care include:
- Nursing assessment and education regarding disease management
- One-on-one education concerning medication
- Pain management
- Wound, ostomy and catheter care
- Diabetic care management and teaching
- Promotion of self-care with the highest level of independence
- Assistance with medical equipment management
- IV therapy
Home Infusion Team
The Home Infusion Team assists patients with IV therapy in their home. The team consists of experienced Registered Nurses and Pharmacists who work collaboratively with Physicians, Dieticians and other caregivers to offer a positive alternative to hospitalization.
Physical Therapy specializes in treatments designed to improve your mobility and physical strength. It consists primarily of physical exercise during which therapies are used to help alleviate pain and restore muscle strength.
Physical therapy services offered include:
- Gait and transfer training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Ultrasound and electrical muscle stimulation
- Neuro-muscular re-education
Occupational Therapists specialize in treatments that enable you to perform daily living activities like bathing, eating, dressing and household routines. Individuals with physical, developmental and/or social problems might benefit from the skills of an occupational therapist.
Services provided by occupational therapists include:
- Perceptual motor training
- Equipment adaptation
- Self-care activity training
- Muscle training
- Energy conservation
Speech & Language Services
Speech and Language Pathologists specialize in treatments to restore speech that may have been lost due to some form of trauma. Speech Therapists also train you to help improve your breathing and swallowing.
Speech and Language Therapists offer the following services:
- Alternate communication methods
- Voice and speech retraining
- Language restoration
- Esophageal speech training
- Cognitive retraining
- Oral/facial exercises
- Swallowing disorder treatment
Home Health Aides
Home Health Aides assist you in the completion of daily living activities and personal care. Including:
- Transfer assistance
- Stand by assistance with ambulation
- Maintaining safety in the home
Medical Social Workers evaluate social and emotional factors that affect the ill or disabled. They help you and your family manage the stress that you may experience and connect you with available community resources. Medical social workers provide counseling, as well as community resource planning and referrals.